Davie, FL (SportsNetwork.com) – Miami Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan has
been suspended again.
The NFL announced Friday that Jordan’s previously imposed four-game suspension
has been lifted, per the terms of the NFL’s new drug policy. However, Jordan
has been suspended without pay for the next four games, this time for a
violation of the NFL’s Policy and Program on Substances of Abuse.
The 2013 first-round pick will be eligible to return to the Dolphins’ active
roster on Oct. 20 following the team’s Week 7 game against the Chicago Bears.
In July, Jordan was suspended for a violation of the NFL’s policy on
“I am currently undergoing treatment to address my situation,” Jordan said in
a statement. “I am working hard to become a better man and to make better
choices in the future. I am especially looking forward to returning to the
team. I also want to thank my family, Coach (Joe) Philbin and the Miami
Dolphins organization for their support.”
Jordan, the No. 3 overall selection in the 2013 NFL Draft, played in all 16
games for Miami in his rookie campaign, compiling 26 tackles and two sacks.
“While we were disappointed to learn of this result, we support Dion for
proactively taking steps to voluntarily seek treatment to better himself,”
Philbin said in a statement. “We will continue to support and work with him as
he takes advantage of all available resources during this time.”