Dallas, TX (SportsNetwork.com) – The sexual assault lawsuit against Dallas
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was dismissed Thursday.
State District Judge Dale Tillery ruled that allegations made by Jana
Weckerly, a former stripper, were barred because the statute of limitations
“We are pleased with the Court’s Judgment against Ms. Weckerly,” Levi
McCathern, the attorney representing the Cowboys and Jones, said in a brief
statement sent to the Dallas Morning News. “Ms. Weckerly’s allegations were
false. This case is over.”
Weckerly filed suit against Jones on Sept. 8, alleging that the longtime
Cowboys owner forcibly touched her butt, forcibly touched her breasts,
forcibly kissed her and forcibly touched her genitals in 2009.
In an amended petition later in September, Weckerly’s attorneys said Jones had
been paying her for the past four years to keep her quiet.
The 27-year-old Weckerly had been seeking more than $1 million in damages.
Jones and his lawyers adamantly denied Weckerly’s allegation, saying it was
merely an attempt to extort Jones. His lawyers argued that the statute of
limitations on the incident had passed, since it had occurred more than five